Sada je: 23 lis 2019 15:04.





Započni novu temu Odgovori  [ 1 post ] 
 A SHORT HISTORY OF THE CONCATHEDRALE IN OSIJEK, CROATIA 
Autor/ica Poruka
Reg. korisnik
Avatar

Pridružen/a: 25 svi 2009 23:23
Postovi: 1217
Lokacija: Osijek
Spol: muško
---------
Post A SHORT HISTORY OF THE CONCATHEDRALE IN OSIJEK, CROATIA
slika


Beginnings of Christianity in Mursa (the ancient name for Osijek) trace back to the 1. century. Legend has it that at time the preacher was Klement I (91-100), St. Peter׳s scholar and his third papal successor. Here he founded the diocese. Not many cities are proud of such a long and honorable tradition.
During 20 centuries, many different events changed the shape of the city, and these events either tried to utterly rout Christianity or to revive it. From the documents which date back to the 14th century, it is evident that the church and parish existed in Osijek (in Tvrđa). In 1525 the Turks conquered the city. Christians are either routed or they tried to be anonymous. In 1687, Turks׳ power had been broken, we can follow the continuous ecclesiastical growth and development in the city.
West of Tvrđa, the Upper-town parish was founded. In 1732 the first parochial church was built on the cemetery and three years later, in 1735, the first entry in the register of birth, marriages and deaths was recorded. In the 19th century this church appeared to be too small and could hardly be noticed among modern buildings.
In 1866, bishop Strossmayer initiated construction of a new church. Four years later, the municipal authorities, who were the main patrons of the parish, established the way to raise money. But the whole process was moving too slow, until Josip Horvat, new parish priest, was instituted.
In 1892 tender were invited for church sketches and 32 tenders sent their works. Franz Langenberg׳s sketches were chosen as the best.
The old church was pulled down, and the construction of the new church began in 1894, partly in the same location. Architect Langenberg supervised the construction, Josef Schmalzhofer was responsible for construction works, and Eduard Hauser was responsible for the stone-mason׳ works. Both Schmalzhofer and Hauser were from Vienna. Suddenly, at the beginning of 1895, Langenberg died, and architect Richard Jordan continued his works. All construction and stone-mason׳ works were finished within term, by 1898. Cost amounted to 613 308 forint.
Dedication of the new church were made by Bishop Strossmayer 20th svibnja 1900th (which is just pass 85 years of life and 50 years of episcopal ministry) and his auxiliary Bishop Dr. Anđelko Voršak.

Record the neo-Gothic church. It was built brick façade (three million pieces) and stone. Floor plan has the shape of the cross, and the interior is divided into three naves. Aisle were severed cross, a medium within an apse, like the early Christian basilica. Three Gothic portal to the east water in the church, and the fourth is on the north wall. Each bosses. Ceiling stone columns carry the seemingly more complex than smaller jambs. Tower, 90 m high, divided into four galleries, there are four large bells. Fifth, at least, is the tower above the intersection of the church. On the north and the south transept gable are three stone sculptures. The main altar in the sanctuary (the gift of Bishop Strossmayera) is dedicated to the parishes and the church patron, St. Apostles. Peter and Paul, among them a statue of Sacred Heart. Next altars of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St.. Teresa of Avila. All three emboss in stone Ivan Novotny. The next two altars: vol. And St. Joseph. Anthony of Padua, the work of the sculptor from Leibnitza Fellner.
Stained-glass windows. In Gothic architecture, weights are reduced to columns. Walls, in which case no part of the main beams may be open. Hence, the many windows of Gothic churches, mostly colored painted glass, stained glass windows. Sunlight that passes through them gives a color intensity and brilliance, the church creates a space separated from the external world, which encourages new man, the believer appropriate mood.
The church has 33 stained-glass windows with visual content, and 7 with color ornaments. All the work of the Viennese firm Gold. 7 The sanctuary stained glass picture of the life of the Apostles Peter and Paul, a 5 glorious mysteries of the Rosary. The ships in 5, and sad joyful mysteries of the Rosary. 7 then shows the stained glass images of saints, and 4 scenes of Jesus' life.

Gothic church regularly are not painted. In Osijek church is still done. Pictures worked Mirko Rački: vault technique in casein, and wall surfaces and a fresco. This great work lasted 4 years (1938-1942). Iconographic program made a canon dr. Ivan Rogić and Pastor Matija Pavić.
Painter was a task that images are in accordance with the architecture, and to reinforce the architectural impression of internal organs. That is it is on vertical planes pictures radio face, excluding perspective, a figure reduced plasticity to a minimum. Painting the ceiling was even more difficult problem, because the surface is very broken. The painter decided to float the characters wanting to achieve the illusion of unlimited space. A total of 1150 m2 painted. Color images are bright and cold, "that the glass windows of the church with a strong color images do not kill," said the Racki. Images and today his cold tone gives a certain dignity of the area. Frescoes above the arches made especially the New Testament motifs (the life of Jesus), several individual saints (David, Cecilia), and the characters of Peter and Paul, who sat on the throne, made by Croatian saints Nicholas and Mark Tavelić Križevčanin or Slavic Apostles Cyril and Methodius. Paintings on the ceiling contains several topics: the organ of the Old Testament motifs, in the second and third rectangular area selected saintly figures illustrate the content of Christ's eight Beatitudes. Throughout the transverse nave motives are the last court. In the field of sanctuary staged the mystery of the Eucharist. Organ in 1933. Hans Mauracher built from Salzburg. 59 include the registry, three manuals with 58 keys and the pedal with 30 keys. Transmission system is electropneumaticum. In 1978th were thoroughly renovated and has an electronic control mechanism.

During the enemy's attack on Osijek in 1991. and 1992. almost a year from day to day parish church. Peter and Paul, the symbol of the Catholic people of Osijek and the surrounding space, systematically destroyed. Total number of direct hits over a hundred.

Despite everything, this is the shrine during the horrors of war was a place of pilgrimage of the faithful and the dining room of the Eucharist. Service of God is sometimes interrupted or not during the announcement the general of danger.
In the course of the long-term work on the reconstruction of the church. We hope that soon the time it shine its full splendor.


22 pro 2009 14:41
Profil Pošalji e-mail
Prikaži postove “stare”:  Redanje  
Započni novu temu Odgovori  [ 1 post ] 


Online

Trenutno korisnika/ca: / i 0 gostiju.


Ne možeš započinjati nove teme.
Ne možeš odgovarati na postove.
Ne možeš uređivati svoje postove.
Ne možeš izbrisati svoje postove.
Ne možeš postati privitke.

Forum(o)Bir:  
cron